Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Not Only My Birthday Today, but a few others you may have heard of...


Dominique Wilkins

      Yup yup. I am 33 years old today. What a waste of talent and good looks, I know. Though it is my glorious birthday I also share it with a few other unique individuals. So as a salute I wish them a very happy birthday too.
      Firstly, it is the birthdays of 2 Super American Athletes Joe Frazier and Dominique Wilkins . Joe Frazier  known as also known as Smokin Joe was an Olympic and World Champion Boxer from 1965 to 1976 with a brief comeback in 1981. Dominique Wilkins or Jacques Dominique Wilkins was nicknamed the "Human Highlight Film and was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006 .

     Next up are two of my favorite comedians. They are the twins Jason and Randy Sklar, professionally known as the Sklar Brothers. Once part of the Greatest Show ESPN Classics ever produced,  Cheap Seats. Their upbeat and sarcastic humor has sealed a place in my heart for eternity.

Raekwon


    Let's take a look at some notable musicians that are celebrating January 12th birthdays today. Rob Zombie, the musician, and film film director is 46 today. Raekwon of the 9 member Wu-Tang clan  is 41 today. He has been working with a friend of mine Doey Rock. I wish them both the best of luck in 2011. Lastly of the musicians I would like to note is the lesser known of the touring Green Day members, Jason Freese . He has worked on over 50 albums producing, playing sax as well as keyboards to the likes of NOFX, Zebra Head, and Jewel.

Next we are on to the January 12th birthdays of possibility the two most famous radio personalities in the 20th century. They couldn't be any different except for the fact that they may both be billionaires one day. It is the birthday of none other than Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh . Both are a little too much for me but they must be doing something right.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Lastly, it is also the birthday of the founder of "Neo-Hindu" and the man that changed The Beatles Maharishi Mahesh Yogi . His empire was also possibly in the billions. Standing at a little over five feet tall he was quoted in 1967 writing "being happy is of the utmost importance. Success in anything is through happiness. Under all circumstances be happy. Just think of any negativity that comes at you as a raindrop falling into the ocean of your bliss".



ME


It feels good to share a birthday with so many icons. It makes me want to strive to be great. But the only thing I am striving for today is not feel like I'm 34. I am only 33 people! Anyone I missed I apologize and I wish you a Happy Birthday!

No comments: